Many senior people in the construction industry have said that rectangular steel pipes are absolutely not allowed to rain, and they must be stored indoors rather than directly outdoors like other steel products. Why is this? Jinan galvanized pipe company told you that this is because the rectangular pipe is made of iron and will rust after rain. Therefore, when the rectangular tube is stored, it must not rain.
1. If it needs to be stored for a long time, the opaque covering shall be used for protection from the beginning of storage to avoid corrosion, aging of corrosion coating, warping and other rectangular pipes.
2. The cover shall be firm and durable to prevent long-term sun, rain and rot leakage.
3. When the rectangular pipe is covered, the surface of the steel pipe shall be ventilated to avoid the accumulation of water vapor on its surface area.
4. When storing rectangular steel pipes, they shall be supported and kept a certain distance from the ground to ensure the ventilation of steel pipes.
5. After the rectangular pipe is stacked and stored, the pipe end protector shall be removed to avoid water accumulation on the contact surface between the pipe end protector and the steel pipe, which is not easy to volatilize.
6. 矩形钢管存放时应注意叠层数，避免叠层过多导致管端局部受力，导致钢管径向塑性变形，损伤防腐层。建议光管堆放层数参照《管道与钢管铁路运输规范》或APIRP 5l1-2009《船舶与远洋船舶管道与钢管运输规范》。也可以通过试验确定或根据钢管的安全堆垛高度进行。防腐管的叠层数按GB/T 23257-2009《埋地钢管聚乙烯防腐层》执行。
6. Pay attention to the number of layers when storing the rectangular steel pipe, so as to avoid the local stress at the pipe end caused by too many layers, resulting in the radial plastic deformation of the steel pipe, and damaging the anti-corrosion coating. It is suggested that the number of stacking layers of bare pipes should refer to the code for railway transportation of pipelines and steel pipes or the code for transportation of pipelines and steel pipes of ships and ocean going ships (apirp 5l1-2009). It can also be determined by test or according to the safe stacking height of steel pipes. The number of layers of anticorrosive pipes shall be in accordance with GB / T 23257-2009 polyethylene anticorrosive coating for buried steel pipes.
7. Avoid contact with oil, copper and other pollutants during storage.
8. Develop system documents for long-term storage of rectangular pipes and implement them according to the system.
Pay more attention to the storage of rectangular pipes. At the same time, we should avoid too many layers to ensure the ventilation, so as to avoid rust, deformation or damage to the anti-corrosion coating. If the rust problem is due to improper storage of rectangular pipes, you can contact us, Jinan galvanized pipe manufacturer, we can help you analyze and see how to solve this problem.